Mike Soleska jumped into action Friday evening upon hearing that one of the goats on the island in the Rock River, just south of the Jefferson dam, had fallen into the water. Soleska grabbed his canoe and paddled to the struggling goat, named Elsa, grabbed her plastic chain collar and helped guide her to the east side of the island where she was able to get onto land. Shown above, Soleska looks at the three goats to make sure they're OK following the rescue. Elsa is the reddish-brown one. The other two are Buddy and Anna.
As featured on
Mike Soleska jumped into action Friday evening upon hearing that one of the goats on the isl…
- Sullivan crash claims Helenville man
- Jury finds former Fort priest not guilty of molestation
- Ronald Mehring
- Nathan J. Sullivan, 19, Helenville
- Ixonia man dies from injuries in motorcycle accident
- Timothy C. Kraus, 49, Fort Atkinson
- Eunice C. Acketz
- Gladys Marjorie Floerke
- Fort Council approves construction of South downtown entry feature
- Eugene Harold 'Pat' Strasburg, 79, Fort Atkinson
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
- Jefferson County tax rate might drop 18 cents
- Prison for burglary, blowing up house
- Warhawks: Meylor delivers win over St. Xavier in relief of Oles
- REVIEW: ‘Book of Mormon’ rings the right bells
- Lake Mills students protest for climate change legislation
- A ‘big, scary problem’: cybersecurity for small businesses gets attention from Fort Chamber of Commerce
- Supplemental retirement benefits proposal presented to Fort school board
- Trailways football: Wilde throws two touchdown passes in P-E win
Local Info and Services
- Sullivan contracts with Badgerland for trash disposal
- Friends of Dwight Foster Public Library celebrate 40th year
- G-Days contest results listed
- Groups team up to clean Rock River watershed of trash
- Whitewater Water Utility sets water main, hydrant flushing
- memory lane Sept. 13
- School District of Fort Atkinson holds an active threat training
- Fort Atkinson chamber seeking annual Holiday Parade participants
- You can lead a horse to water ... but what if that water is unfit to drink?
- Fort Atkinson police reports Sept. 10
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Want to receive daily sports alerts? Sign up today!
Want to receive our daily news? Sign up today!