The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) has begun design of a bridge rehabilitation project located on U.S. Highway 12/Robert Street over the Rock River in the City of Fort Atkinson.
This project is planned for construction in summer 2022.
The proposed improvements include:
• Replacing the concrete bridge deck on the existing pre-stressed concrete girders. The existing sidewalk along the bridge will be replaced and widened to six feet with a barrier wall separating traffic to improve pedestrian safety crossing the bridge.
• Reconstructing bridge approaches at each end to connect the new bridge deck.
• Replacing guardrail and curb and gutter along the south approach.
• Potential reconstruction of sidewalk curb ramps to meet Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) standards.
• Updating street lights across the bridge.
The Robert Street bridge will be closed during construction, and detour routes will be provided for pedestrians and vehicles.
A narrated presentation detailing the project is available to view on the project website at: wisconsindot.gov/Pages/projects/by-region/sw/us12-robertstreet/default.aspx.
All persons interested in the project are encouraged to provide input by contacting WisDOT Project Manager Frank Pritzlaff at email@example.com or (262) 548-5683. Comments also can be mailed to the WisDOT Southwest Region Office at 2101 Wright St., Madison, WI 53704.
Public feedback will assist staff in developing a project that will serve the needs of the traveling public, as well as the needs of the community. Persons input also is welcome and appreciated throughout the design process.