Fort dryer fire

Christine Spangler

The Fort Atkinson Fire Department responded to a fire at a commercial laundry around 6 p.m. Monday. Fire Chief Daryl Rausch said that the department was called to the Main Street Maytag Coin Laundry at 900 S. Main St., which reportedly was filled with smoke. Rausch said that upon arrival, he saw a commercial dryer on fire and used a fire extinguisher to douse the flames. Four fire trucks were on the scene and crews set up fans to clear the building of smoke. There was no estimate of damage as of presstime. Shown here, firefighters set up a fan at the southernmost door to ventilate the building.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.