The smell of natural gas at the Café Carpe, 18 S. Water St., in Fort Atkinson brought the Fort Atkinson Fire Department down the block to search for the cause shortly before 1 p.m. Friday.

Fire Chief Daryl Rausch said there was a small leak, but it wouldn’t require a total shutdown of the restaurant’s gas line.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.